a little update

Where have you been? Where are you at? What are you doing?

a little update

Postby brenda guisinger » April 2, 2005, 7:10 am

When I lived in Vernonia my name was Brenda Armstrong. I graduated in 1970, and married a wonderful man Gene Guisinger. We have 2 married children, and 4 grandchildren. We have lived in Rainier for 35 yrs. And will probably live another 35 yrs here. We own our home and 8 acres. My parents live in our basement (apartment). Gene is a millwright at Longview Fibre, and I work at an Occupational hand therapy clinic in Longview. Life has been good to us, and I would enjoy hearing from anyone that can remember back to 1970 and was in high school at that time.

We love to vacation, work around the place. We are very involved with our church and all it's activities...Of course there is nothing better than grandkids, (wish we could have had them first)...every day is a gift we enjoy together.
Class of 1970 it would be nice to hear from any of you.
brenda guisinger

Postby kathy tomlin » April 2, 2005, 9:32 am

brenda so good to hear from you sent you a e-mail hope you get it. kathy tomlin
kathy tomlin

Postby Debbie King Robinson » April 21, 2005, 12:52 pm

Brenda, it was good to see a few familiar names on the list. I have gotten updates on your life occasionally from Debbie Akerson, and although I didn't see you at Becky's wedding (so many years ago now), I did get to say 'hi' to Gene. We went out to Gene and Mahala Bohlen's place that day for a visit. I still keep in contact with them once in a while, too. I was glad to see that your parents are with you. My mother, Lois King, never really connected with any of the pastors that followed your folks at the Vernonia Assembly. She and my dad live in Lebanon now (just south of Albany). I'd enjoy hearing more about your lives, Beverly, Elaine, and Chuck, too. My brother, Bruce, lives not too far from us. He gave up his wandering ways nearly 20 year ago and moved up here near us for the more plentiful work and because he took his 'uncle' status seriously. In fact, our oldest, Ian, is job shadowing with him today (he's a building inspector), completing yet another of his senior projects. Our younger son, Sean, is 15 and the biggest thing on his horizon is learning to drive and getting a car. Craig and I purchased a 1900 s.f. modular and are just about ready to move in (an upgrade from our 500 s.f. home). We have four acres just north of I-90. Love to hear from you, Deb
Debbie King Robinson

Re: a little update

Postby Diane Hertel Monjay » July 22, 2005, 7:03 pm

brenda guisinger wrote:When I lived in Vernonia my name was Brenda Armstrong. I graduated in 1970, and married a wonderful man Gene Guisinger. We have 2 married children, and 4 grandchildren. We have lived in Rainier for 35 yrs. And will probably live another 35 yrs here. We own our home and 8 acres. My parents live in our basement (apartment). Gene is a millwright at Longview Fibre, and I work at an Occupational hand therapy clinic in Longview. Life has been good to us, and I would enjoy hearing from anyone that can remember back to 1970 and was in high school at that time.

We love to vacation, work around the place. We are very involved with our church and all it's activities...Of course there is nothing better than grandkids, (wish we could have had them first)...every day is a gift we enjoy together.

Are you the big sister of Elaine Armstrong, class of '74, but I believe she graduated from Seaside? Where is she, and what is she doing?

Diane
Diane Hertel Monjay

Class Year: 1974

Return to Introduce Yourself!