Thanks Jo Jo for the info on this site looks like its been

Where have you been? Where are you at? What are you doing?

Thanks Jo Jo for the info on this site looks like its been

Postby Clarence F. Lamping » July 12, 2006, 9:25 pm

hello everyone my name is Clarence Lamping. Yes that would be Ray's youngest son. lived 10 yrs at the beach, married , moved to central OR. 1 child Sarah. 4 grandchildren from her.
Divorced and re-married now have 10 grandchildren.
Now living in Redmond working for Deschutes county dept of public works, as a mechanic been there 20 years.
avid: bowhunter, horseman, love boating, fishing, camping.
Would like to say thank youy to kelly for this site and to Jo Jo Steele for telling me about it.
Clarence F. Lamping

Postby Gayle (Welch) Yokley » July 13, 2006, 7:59 pm

Hi Clarence! It's so nice to finally see a new posting and a new name! Thanks for being so gutsy!!! How's Ray? Ray was just a year behind my class...
Gayle (Welch) Yokley
Class 73
Gayle (Welch) Yokley

Postby Clarence F. Lamping » July 13, 2006, 8:17 pm

He will be at Arts house, (out past the golf course) for the jamboree. we have a family reunion every year there so Ray jr will be there and most of my dads family and their kids. its a nice gathering. and a chance to see the old town and the changes. hope to see some of you while in town. 8)

C Lamping
Clarence F. Lamping

Postby Clarence F. Lamping » July 13, 2006, 8:35 pm

:oops: sorry Gayle I guess I didn't answer your ? sonny I call him, is doing good and living in Hammond, close to dad. thank you for the reply seems like this site is a bit quiet.

CFL
Clarence F. Lamping

Postby Gayle (Welch) Yokley » July 14, 2006, 6:54 am

I'm glad that "Sonny" is well...I forgot that that was his nick name. Where is Hammond? You will find that very few respond to postings on this site and that is why I made such a big deal out of yours. Perhaps you can keep the new trend going and other people will repond. We love the Bend/Redmond area. How do you like it other than the harsh winters there? My husband, Clifford, and I love to camp as well. Where is your favorite spot to camp?
Gayle (Welch) Yokley
Class 73
Gayle (Welch) Yokley

Postby Clarence F. Lamping » July 15, 2006, 9:09 am

Hammond is the furthest city in northwestern Oregon just west of Astoria and Warrenton.
Most of the winters here aren't to bad, but sometimes they seem a little long. We love the sunshine about 260 days a year so the lakes are within an hour for skiing , fishing, or swimming. Then we have the national forests for hiking, biking, horse riding and packing, and hunting. Portland is only 2-2half hours from here for whatever you want to do in the city.
We camp almost every other weekend.Hard to say where our favorite spot is we camp out of the boat at prineville resivoir or we go to the Maury mountans, or even the hot springs at Belknap springs on the Mekensie hiway, and the coast to visit or to hunt and fish.
:oops: Did you live just down towards town from Albert Schmidlin? If so hello neighbor.
where do you camp and what form of camping do you do?
Didn't you have a brother? And your dad worked for the school dist: sometimes the old memory doesn't work so well. Does Clifrord hunt or fish? What about chidern and grand childern? Where in California do you live?
C F LAMPING
Clarence F. Lamping

Postby Gayle (Welch) Yokley » July 15, 2006, 11:58 am

Oh, okay...guess I had forgotten about Hammond!

I know how fortunate you are to live where you live...it's beautiful and is the playground for recreation. That is why we love visiting the area so much. Wish we could more often...

Yes, we did live just on the other side of Albert's property (field and barn). Yes, my father, Wayne, was the Vernonia School District Maintenance Super. My mom, Idris, worked as a sub at the schools when I was young and then for the school district later. So, you may remember her too. Both my parents are still living and moved to Baker City, Oregon...doing okay for their ages...Yes, I have 4 brothers Larry, Ronald, Shorty and Darwin. Ronald and Darwin still live in Vernonia. I also have a sister, Darlene, that also lives in Vernonia. No, Cliff never was or will be a hunter (not his passion), but he does enjoy fishing. We have 3 grown children, our son, Corry, is 27 and lives in San Diego. Ashlee is 24 and married and they have given us a grandson (absolutely love the whole grandparent thing). Lacee, our youngest, just graduated high school and is going to college this fall. We live in the Central Valley of California. Nothing but agriculture...Almonds, oranges, rice, strawberries, cotton, tomatoes, sweet potatoes are mostly harvested here. Cliff is in the dairy business here...you have heard about California's "Happy Cows" haven't you? :lol: Anyway, diary is big here and the largest producing in the nation (I'm told).

As far as camping, we have a tent trailer and use it as much as possible...not every other weekend, though. We try once a month...it's a wonderful way to get away inexpensively.
We just got back from a beach camp trip near Cambria, CA. Had an awesome time.

I may post pictures later...I haven't bothered recently as not many others participate on this site, and it's no fun sharing alone...
Gayle (Welch) Yokley
Class 73
Gayle (Welch) Yokley

Postby Clarence F. Lamping » August 9, 2006, 8:04 pm

Hi Gayle sorry been out a little getting ready for my hunting season. It sounds nice in your area but I am still a country boy. not that you aren't in the country but it is hard to think of California that way, I know there are places there that are. you do have all the fresh veggie's and fruit.
yes I have seen the comercials for happy cows, kinda wondered about that but ok. I haven't found all the pic's yet not sure where to look.Good to talk to ya. jamboree was pretty good.
C F LAMPING
Clarence F. Lamping

Postby Gayle (Welch) Yokley » August 9, 2006, 9:12 pm

Yep, I understand that it's hard to believe that California actually has "country" and being a web-foot myself, I didn't realize just how much "country" there was here until I made it my home. Perhaps I will post pictures of that too someday! :lol: Just to give you an idea, though, we have strawberry fields, almond orchards, and grape vineyards just a quarter mile from our home. Going straight east of home there is nothing but country all the way to the foothills and mountains. Just a couple of small communities of 200 or less here and there...Take an hours drive and we are in beautiful giant sequioa redwoods or beautiful Yosemite National Park in the Sierra Nevadas. We are a couple hours from Monterey Bay/Carmel and Big Sur on the California coast! I appreciate the different beauty and "country" here, that perhaps our Northern buddies don't have. I remember when I was a child/young adult I had believed that California was nothing but a big mess of asphalt, concrete and skyscrapers...I was wrong.

By the way, I haven't posted any pictures yet on this site like I had promised you. I had some posted earlier (like 6 months ago), but removed them with the intention of replacing them with current ones. Oh well...

So, what were the events of the Jamboree...the usual parade, logging show, horse show??? What else? I've always appreciated the big celebration of such a small community. It's awesome! Who did you see there? Pictures anyone???

Keep the conversation going (who else will jump in?)! Great talking to you Clarence!
Gayle (Welch) Yokley
Class 73
Gayle (Welch) Yokley

Return to Introduce Yourself!